I hope you are all doing well today. I myself could be better, however, we’re here to focus on the positive things. Today I thought, as it’s the 1st of May, it’s a perfect time to begin my ‘project pan’. Now usually, people tend to do 10 items, calling it ‘project 10 pan’. I on the other hand, have 18 items, and that’s not even all the products I want to finish… this is just the beginning!
So let’s begin with the face. Now, I do want to pre-apologise for the dirtiness of some of the products, they’ve been in many a makeup bag, and god-knows how many different types storage. Anyhow, that really is irrelevant…
- e.l.f. mineral infused face primer – this is one that I have had for quite a while, and I tend to avoid as it doesn’t help my oily skin, however, I need to use it, because it’s just a waste if I don’t.
- NYX dewy finish setting spray – I have added this in purely because I have another setting spray that I much prefer to use, but again, don’t want to waste it, so am hoping this encourages me to use this up first.
- Garnier skinactive BB cream – I loved this last summer, but it’s a bit too dark for me to wear on my natural skintone, so I’m gonna have to slap some tan on and then wear this on my face pretending i’m on holiday at home!
- Bourjois healthy mix foundation – I have too many foundations… that’s the real thing. I do adore this foundation, but I haven’t worn it in a while so of course had to add it in.
- L.A. girl pro conceal – This is actually too dark, however I have found it works wonders on my eye bags (I don’t know why, but it really does), so I need that extra bit of encouragement to actually use it on a more regular basis.
- OBSESSION baking powder – firstly, I do not enjoy ‘baking’ unless it’s cakes. I really just use this as a translucent powder, but just like a lot of things, have other powders that I enjoy a lot more.
7. Rimmel Jelly Highlighter – I do love the golden glow, but I just do not use it… I’m not kidding, I have only really worn this twice.. it’s ridiculous!
8. TopShop highlighter – again, just something I do not wear a lot, so need to start!
9. Benefit benetint – I have a love/hate relationship with this, sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn’t. Hence why I’ve added it in because I’ve just tossed it to the side (metaphorically) for a while now.
Then we have eyes. I love eye makeup, but I’m also terrible at it, hence why I avoid it as much as possible.
10. Rimmel Scandeleyes nude eyeliner – I love how everyone else looks using nude eyeliners, but I just don’t think I’ve got the eyes for it… I do definitely need to start using this though otherwise it is just a massive waste of product. I might even use it for under the brows… getting inspired whilst I write here!
11. Milani liquid liner – I wish I could do eyeliner. I have ignored this baby for too long. I think lockdown is the best time to learn how to master liquid eyeliner, so when we can go out again, I can impress everyone with my flicks haha!
12. Maybelline great lash mascara – I love this for my bottom lashes. I haven’t used it in a while. It’s old… it needs to be used. That’s basically all I have to say about that.
13. Urban Decay Naked 2 palette – do excuse the broken eyeshadows and mess.. this has been everywhere with me. I have so many neutral palettes, but I’ve had this one the longest, so it is time to finally start using it until I can’t any more!
Have a few lip products in our final category. I do love a lippy, but I never actually wear one… so let’s see how this goes!
14. BareMinerals in ‘rouge’ – this is a lovely liquid lipstick. However, I just find it was too much of a deep red for my liking. But of course, it is quite old, so it does need to get used.
15 & 16. KIKO in ‘403’ and ‘406’ – I did think these were the same lipstick when I looked at them next to each other. They are slightly different, by a touch. I do love these shades, I just tend to opt for a different one when I do use lipstick, so it’s time to give these guys some love.
17. SmashBox in ‘witchy’ – I received this one in a set for my birthday, however, it is a bit dark and spooky, so it hasn’t been touched. I think this is the perfect time to begin experimenting with darker colours and trying to find a way to make them work (maybe).
18. MAC liner in ‘rosy rim’ – This one is just old. I mean, I have a couple more lipliners to add in later, but I thought this one would go well with the KIKO lipsticks.
Some very professional (haha) swatches just above if you wanted to get a better idea of the shades of each the lip products.
But those are my project pan products. I will be doing a monthly update on this, so on the 1st of June look out for my next post to see what I used up! For anything that gets used, it will be replaced with another product, as I am trying to create a makeup collection that I actually love, so have to get rid of the old before bringing in the new!
I am also in the process of creating a capsule wardrobe (I will be doing seasonal ones), so if you want, subscribe to my YouTube as I’ll be posting it over there.
If you’re trying to use up any old products, let me know how you’re doing in the comments below!
Alexandra Grace XxXx